Head Coach Spot Anderson began his coaching career in 1983 whilst studying at University. He coached the local swim club kids at Bondi Icebergs Pool & hasn't stopped helping people swim since. He has pretty much coached everyone from a baby doing learn to swim through to athletes training for the Olympics & everything in between! Besides our main squad of ocean swimmers & triathletes he specialises in introducing adults to both pool swimming & swimming in the open water!
Spot himself has been one of Australia's best all round athlete having competed on WSL World Surf Tour before winning Australia's 1st World Title in 1989 World Triathlon Championships & moving on to Uncle Tobys/ Nutri Grain Ironman Circuit.
The new dad (at 50) is a bit more sedate these days but still competes regularly in ocean swims, surfing (Bondi Boardriders), triathlons, SUP/ kayak races & will have a trot in the major fun runs/ marathons! Spot has learnt a lot of tricks from the best in the world over the last 30 years & looks forward to helping you achieve your goals! If you want to learn any of sports available via a private lesson you will be amazed at his attention to detail.
Contact Spot on 0416 108 656 or fill out our enquiry form here.
Spot's sporting resume:
- 1980 - 1986 Australia Titles Surfing & WCT qualifying events including Bells Beach & Billabong Pro. He also won Bondi Boardriders Open Division 20 years apart in 1986 & 2006.
- 1987/ 1988 Champion of Sydney Biathlon Champion defeating Australia's best Ironman & Triathletes!
- 1989 Australian National Series Winner & Australian Triathlete of the Year (ahead of future World Champions Greg Welch, Brad Bevan & Miles Stewart).
- 1989 Gold Medal Team Australia - World Triathlon Championships Avignon, France.
- 1990 Commonwealth Games Trials Triathlon Winner.
- 1991 PB of 44:23 in City To Surf.
- 1991 - 1996 Uncle Tobys/ Nutri Grain Ironman competitor.
- Ironman Swim Winner 1996 - 1st Pro Ironman Australia & 2014 - 1st age-group overall Ironman Cairns.
- 2001 Australian Sprint Triathlon Champion (35 - 39).
- 2002 & 2004 Australian Surf Ironman Champion (35-39).
- 2006 Coolangatta Gold Surf Ironman Masters Champion.
- 2010 4th overall (aged 44) in Cole Classic Swim.
- 2014 Hawaii Ironman Finisher.
- 2016 Became a dad!
Isabella "Izzy" Dobozy is our assistant Surf Swim Coach
You will see her in the surf every day at Bondi Fit Beach as she is a mermaid & loves the ocean! She is a member at Bondi Surf Club & has attained the top award The Gold Medallion so you are in good hands! Izzy is also a great photographer so check out her work here
Andrew "Reidy" Reid from Bondi Rescue is one of our back-up coaches. He's hyperactive so prepare to bounce around if he takes your session!
Reidy & Spot go back a long way & it's not only swim & surf training to keep in shape to protect Australia's most famous beach! Spot coached him to do his 1 & only Ironman Triathlon & by listening to the coach Reidy got to slap fellow lifeguard Ryan "Whippet" Clark's ass as he passed him with 3kms to go after 10 hours of racing! And then there was marathon running - Reidy did it his own way 3 times (3:03, 3:12, 3:07) before finally coming back begging the master coach for his help. He went on to break the magic 3 hour barrier (2:57).