Bondi Fit Cycle & Triathlon Clinic start Saturday January 13, 2018 with 2 riding options offered over 9 weeks! Rookie & Experienced Cycle Options at both the following squads & no worries if you can only do 1 of these each week!
- Saturday 6am/ 6:30am.
- Thursday 5:30am/ 6am
- Saturday Week 1 - we do a cycle clinic & learn cycle skills, gearing, how to ride hills & basic cycle maintanance! Week 2 - review of week 1 & then get into pack riding. Week 3 - we start to integrate into small group ability packs with Bondi Fit Squad
Cycle/ Run? There is a Cycle/ Run option offered on Saturdays!
Experienced riders - 6am start Fox Studio Gates, Centennial Park
Rookies - 6:30am inside Paddington Gates, Centennial Park
Rookie Standard? We expect that you can ride a bike at a basic level but need help with gearing, bike maintenance, pack riding & fitness! Riding in joggers is OK but see below if you plan on using clip in pedlas/ shoes! If you are not confidnet riding we can organise a 1 on 1 cycle lesson - make contact here
- Thursday Cycle Clinic/ Cycle Squad:
- Experienced riders 5:30am meet outside Fox Studio gates. We start with warm-up before re-meeting at Paddington Gates & do a series of intervals! We expect that you can comfortably ride distance of 30km & use clip in pedals/ cycle shoes. You need lights front & back to attend this ride. NO LIGHTS = NO RIDE (Centennial Park is pitch black).
- Rookies 6am meet inside the park at Paddington gates.
Rookie Standard? We expect that you can ride a bike but need help with gearing, bike maintenance, pack riding & fitness! REiding in joggers is OK but see below if you plan on using clip in pedlas/ shoes! If you are not confidnet riding we can organise a 1 on 1 cycle lesson - make contact here
Rookie Rider Tips:
1. Get bike serviced & make sure it is in good working order!
2. Cycle Gear - get some comfortable cycle gear including bike pants (with padding) & cycle jersey. You MUST ride with a mobile phone for safety so please have a palce for it (not on handlebars)
3. We emphasise bike skills & basic bike maintenance in the first few weeks! We then add pack riding & introduce intervals to get you bike fit! We expect that you can ride a bike to a basic level or we can offer 1 on cycle training to prepare you!
3. Clip in pedals/ cycle shoes? We strongly advise you to purchase these before day 1 as we can help pratcice in first 1 or 2 lessons - feel free to bring both runners & cycle shoes on week 1 while we practice clipping in/ out!
Weekly Team Bondi Fit Cycle & Tri Squads in Centennial Park:
1 Thursday 5:30am Cycle Squad Centennial Park: we do a 2- 3 lap warm-up with your coach Spot staying with new/ slower riders to show how our pack works & al riders re-group inside Paddington Gates. Session Intervals: we break into smaller equal ability groups for endurance, strength, power intervals!
2 Saturday 6am Cycle/ Run Squad (with cycle only option): we start with a building pace warm-up of 10 - 20km followed by 3 - 5km run (with longer cycle only option). We re-group & do intervals of 4 - 10km & runs of 1 - 3km with faster athletes doing longer intervals so we always start togeher! Session goes from 6 - 8am so bring nutrition! If doing cycle/ run - bring runners in small back pack & we drop off at cycle/ run changeover spot during warm-up.
3 Cycle Rookies: Thursday 6am there is an option for inexperienced riders to purchase a separate 1 visit Rookie Pass as below. Coach Spot will get you ready to integrate into squad! We meet inside Paddington Gates Centennial Park (map below).
4 1 on 1 Cycle: We offer private cycle lessons to get you ready for squad or to improve your fitness. Click Here for availability
5 Cycle & Run Time Trials - we regularly do cycle time trial of 20 - 40km to test your fitness & prepare for the major triathlons! This will be followed by a 5km or 10km time trial - just like a triathlon!
* Meet Centennial Park outside Fox Studio gates (map at bottom & plenty of parking).
* You will need to be signed up before attending our rides so please sign up on links below or inquire here