Weekly Team Bondi Fit Cycle, Run & Tri Squads in Centennial Park
What our weekly/ monthly squads offer for cycle & run only:
1a Thursday 5:30am Cycle Squad Centennial Park: we do a 2- 3 lap warm-up with your coach Spot staying with new/ slower riders to show how our pack works & al riders re-group inside Paddington Gates. Session Intervals: we break into smaller equal ability groups for endurance, strength, power intervals!
1b. Saturday 6am Cycle/ Run Squad (with cycle only option) North Bondi Surf Club: this is a hilly road ride so make sure you are confident before attending this session (ask Spot if in doubt). We usually head reverse City To Surf Course up Military Road & onto Old Soputh Head Road all the way to Watsons Bay! We then do a series of hill loops from gentle gradient of Hopetoun Ave (3%) to Watsons Bay Hill itself (10%+).
1c. Cycle Rookies & 1 on 1 Cycle: We offer private cycle lessons to get you ready for squad or to improve your fitness. Thursday 6am there is a weekly option to book in for inexperienced riders & Coach Spot will get you ready to integrate into squad! We meet inside Paddington Gates Centennial Park (map below). Click Here for all availability
2. Centennial Park Run Squad: Tuesday 6:30pm meet Fox Studio gates (map at bottom & plenty of parking). We do a 10 minute warm-up & runs include intevals of 200m - 3km if doing track work, 30 secs - 2 min intervals if doing fartlek or 20 - 40 minute tempo or recovery runs!
* 5km Time Trials - we run regular 5kms at North Bondi to measure fitness!
* From April 2 Tuesday 6:30pm run moves to ES Marks Athletic Field!
2b. North Bondi Saturday Bark Run 8am - yep this is a tough run & you may BARK! Rookies we will take it easy on you but be warned when you get fitter you will be keen to chage up the hill & stairs loops that we visit! This session is only 45 minutes - short but sweet!
* Centennial Park outside Fox Studio gates (map at bottom & plenty of parking).
* North Bondi Surf Club - meet beach side on the promenade
* You will need to be signed up before attending our rides so please sign up on links below or inquire here
Rookie Rider Tips:
1. Get bike serviced & make sure it is in good working order!
2. Cycle Gear - get some comfortable cycle gear including bike pants (with padding) & cycle jersey. You MUST ride with a mobile phone for safety so please have a palce for it (not on handlebars)
3. We emphasise bike skills & basic bike maintenance in the first few weeks! We then add pack riding & introduce intervals to get you bike fit! We expect that you can ride a bike to a basic level or we can offer 1 on cycle training to prepare you!
3. Clip in pedals/ cycle shoes? We strongly advise you to purchase these before day 1 as we can help pratcice in first 1 or 2 lessons - feel free to bring both runners & cycle shoes on week 1 while we practice clipping in/ out!