Bondi Fit runs weekly Pool Swim Squads year-round in 27 degree water at Victoria Park & Prince Alfred Park Pools. Regardless of whether you're new to swimming for fitness, or you're an experienced swimmer looking to increase your performance, we have a range of sessions available to you throughout the week.
* Flippers - if you swim slower than 20 mins for 1 km you will need to bring flippers! Our slow lane swims on 1:00 - 1:10 per 50 metres time cycle (20 - 23mins per km). If you cannot swim this fast you will need flippers to keep up until you are fit enough to do so without them!
MORNING SQUADS - Victoria Park Pool
Days: Wednesday & Friday
Duration: 60-90 minutes
Distances range from 2km-5km depending on your speed and fitness levels. We run 3 lanes on 0:45 - 0:50/ 0:55 - 1:00 & 1:05 - 1:10 cycles
Wednesdays we do our main intervals sets to improve your performance and endurance
Fridays - mix of longer & shorter sprint intervals
NIGHT SQUADS - Prince Alfred Park Pool
Days: Monday & Wednesday
Time: 5:45pm warm up (in the water by 6:15pm)
Duration: 75 minutes
Distances range from 2 - 4km depending on your lane speed. We run 3 lanes - shorter version of the morning squad intervals session.
SATURDAY ENDURO SQUAD
Time: 2pm Duration: 90 minutes
This is our test swim where we'll do an 20 x 50m warm-up followed by a 1.5km-4km swim test ideally at aerobic pace to improve your base fitness. You can also do this at a higher-intensity training session. Tired? Can be a recovery swim.
Bondi Fit run 4 weekly Surf Swim Squads - we run year round #rainhailshine & we have a weekly Rookie squad option!
Private Surf Skills Lessons available with Master Coach Spot Anderson.
Surf Swim Squad Times - Saturday 9am Experienced swimmers/ 10:30am Rookie Swimmers, Sunday 8am & Thursday 6:30pm (swim/ runs). Click Here for details
Victoria Park Pool - opposite Broadway Shopping Centre.
* FREE 2 hour free parking at Broadway Shopping Centre (open 24/7) with link here
* Secret car park turn right off Cleveland St into City Road, get straight into left hand lane & entry is 200 metres down from corner (1/2 way to Parramatta Road).
* Walk/ Bus - 1.5km from Central Train Station along Parramatta Road/ 1.1 km from Redfern Station. Park is on corner of City Road - a hidden Sydney treasure!
* Victoria Park Pool website click here for all pool entry/ memberships & note pool entry is not included in our fees.
Prince Alfred Park Pool 200 metres from Central Railway with FREE parking options as below:
* Night/ Saturday afternoon: free 1 - 2 hour parking in side streets off Chalmers St or metered parking available on Chalmers St.
* Saturday arvo if busy parking travel south along Elizabeth past Cleveland St to park! If none turn right into Redfern St & right again into Chalmers St & should be parks before Cleveland St (only 400m walk from here). It's all FREE parking!
* Prince Alfred Park Pool website click here for all pool entry/ memberships & note pool entry is not included in our fees.