All Stroke Correction includes Video Review to provide on the spot analysis. We teach adult learn to swim, we correct rookie swimmers’ strokes & make good swimmers faster by making subtle stroke changes! Book in with Spot and let him teach you what he has learned throughout 35(+) years of coaching! Spring Special - Buy 3 lessons & Bring a Friend Free!
Adult Learn To Swim & Rookie Swimmers...
Correct breathing is addressed before any other stroke correction is undertaken. If you can't breath properly you won't be able to swim very far!
From your first stroke Spot will make you swim slowly, and believe it or not bad swimmers have more trouble swimming slow than fast swimmers! This is our point of difference so prepare to be encouraged to swim slow before you can swim fast
By swimming slow you will:
Get your breathing right - think being able to swim lap after lap without being puffed
Have good body position - think not kicking hard to stay afloat
Have your hands enter the water in the correct position - think no crossing over at the front of your stroke
Get a good catch/pull part of your stroke - think POWER
Often people need more than one lesson so if you feel like you have only scratched the surface on your first lesson book in for more!
For intermediate to faster swimmers
We loosely follow the following process to analyse your stroke:
Breathing: many swimmers DO NOT breathe correctly so we will fix this first if this is you!
Body Position: it's important to get high in the water & this stage includes head position! If you have read the books about head position Spot's views may surprise you so bring an open mind!
Hand Entry: this phase includes arm recovery as we are now setting up the pull part of the stroke! It's important we get your hands in the correct position before commencing you pull otherwise you are not getting the power you need to swim fast!
Stroke Pull: this is the "money" part of the stroke & what gets you through the water faster! We have set up your entry & corrected your "catch" & it's time to pull yourself through the water!
Swim Drills: we have drills for working on any part of the stroke so get ready to practice one or more of these!
Times available at Prince Alfred Park Pool:
- Monday 4:45pm.
- Tuesday 6:15am, 7:30am or 8:30am (if 7:30am booked)
- Wednesday 7:30am or 8:30am (if 7:30am booked) & 4:45pm
- Friday 7:30am or 8:30am (if 7:30am booked)
- Saturday 11:30am or 3pm (if 11:30am is booked)
* Not all times will be listed on link below - only available times for the week!
* Pool Entry not included.
Prince Alfred Park Pool is heated to 27 degrees year round & is only 200 metres from Central Railway/ Bus line with FREE parking options as below:
* Mornings - free parking on Chalmers St before 8am & in side streets off Chalmers.
* Night/ Saturday afternoon: free 1 - 2 hour parking in side streets off Chalmers St or metered parking available on Chalmers St.
* Saturday arvo if busy parking travel south along Elizabeth past Cleveland St to park! If none turn right into Redfern St & right again into Chalmers St & should be parks before Cleveland St (only 400m walk from here). It's all FREE parking!
Visit Pool website here for all pool entry/ memberships & note pool entry is not included in our fees.