By popular demand we will be running our Surf Clinics right through February & onto at least March 4. We meet in front of North Bondi Surf Club (beach side). Check Book Now for dates available & we will add more if in demand!
- Saturday 10am start meeting from 9:45am (BEWARE parking issues as no late arrivals)
What you will learn....
- Learn to relax in the open water & even enjoy waves washing over you!
- Do drills to get you through the waves = this is fun!
- Learn how to use rips & sandbanks to safely get in/ out through wave zone!
- Do navigation drills to ensure you know how to sight where you are going!
- Swim in deep water parallel to the beach with water safety provided by Coach Spot on his SUP!
- Learn how to catch waves = this is fun!
- Faster Swimmers will swim further than slower swimmers!
Bookings are essential & click here for any questions or to give us your background!
Click Here to book - 1 visit or a 3 - 4 visit Clinic Pass (monthly member discounts). Find the date(s) you want & you will be prompted to register/ pay online to confirm bookings!
* Minimum SAFETY standard of 500 metres - 1km non-stop freestyle applies!
Want to swim in our Surf Swim Squads? Surf Swim Rookies are our specialty - we offer both squads & personal/ small group lessons. Team Bondi Fit have prepared thousands of rookie open water swimmers for ocean swims many of which have a 1km option & triathlons ranging from 300 metres to Ironman (yes we prepare rookies for Ironman!) Saturday 8am/ Sunday 10am are Rookie friendly Surf Swim Squads - please note guide below as we have 3 categories of Rookie Surf Swimmers!
1. Can swim 1km in pool but scared of the surf = 'Pool Swim Syndrome'
A lot of swimmers can swim in a pool but once the black line or end of the pool is not there they panic! Even more people are convinced they will be eaten by a shark - highly unlikely! The great thing about Bondi Fit squads is that the coach will stay at the back until everyone is confident. Our weekend squads are busy so there is always someone to swim with! Simply find a partner & make a deal to look after each other – it's the way surf swimmers roll... Also take note, Coach Spot has 20 sets of eyes in his head and will be on the scene quick smart if you get into trouble!
- Saturday 8am or Sunday 10am are the Bondi Fit Squads for you. Once confident at either of these you can attend our famous Tuesday 6am Sunrise or Friday 9:30am Morning Madness!
- If you are not happy with your speed or comfort level in the ocean attend more pool squads to improve your fitness. As a general rule faster swimmers will have more options in bigger surf!
- We also offer 1 on 1 or small group lessons to introduce you to the ocean if you want extra attention.
2. Can swim from 500m to 1km non-stop freestyle in a pool = No Problem!
You can attend Saturday 8am or Sunday 10am but please be aware you will need to stay at the back with Spot at these sessions. If you are uncomfortable during the swim we suggest you attend Bondi Fit pool squad and stroke correction in the pool which will dramatically improve your comfort in the ocean!
- To fast-track, your best option is to purchase a 1 month unlimited swim pass (includes surf swims). Swim 2 - 3 times per week in a squad & you will be amazed at the improvement!
- An option is a 1 on 1 ocean swim or small group lesson with Spot to get you comfortable in the ocean - ask nicely & Spot will paddle his SUP next to you for safety! We have regular Bondi Fit Open Water Introduction Squads so keep an eye on the website & Facebook page.
3. CANNOT swim 500 metres non-stop freestyle = time for pool swims!
For those unable to swim 500m - 1km non-stop we encourage you to attend Bondi Fit pool swim squads (and stroke correction squad). Your best option is to purchase a 1 month unlimited swim pass. Try to swim 3 times per week & you will be amazed at the improvement!
- We offer 1 on 1 swims in the pool and this is advised if you think your technique needs improvement.
- If you are comfortable in the water and desperate to get into the ocean we offer 1 on 1 open water lessons, but please advise Spot of your swimming ability. It is a good idea to go a pool and see how far you can swim!