Our legendary Stroke Correction Squads - many ocean swim & triathlon careers have started here! if you cannot make this we have many times available for private swim lessons below. Please bring flippers so which will help you concentrate on your stroke!
Team Bondi Fit have helped thousands of rookie pool & surf swimmers over the last 30 years. From your first stroke our coaches will make you swim slowly & believe it or not bad swimmers have more trouble swimming slow than fast swimmers! This is our point of differentiation so prepare to be encouraged to swim slow before you can swim fast!
By swimming slow you will get your breathing right (think being able to swim lap after lap without being puffed), have good body position (think not kicking hard to stay afloat), have your hands enter the water in the correct position (think no crossing over at the front of your stroke) & get a good catch/ pull part of your stroke (think POWER).
For our 1 on 1 Private Stroke Correction Lessons we loosely follow the following process to analyse your stroke. Book a lesson & you think you need more you can book:
- Breathing: many swimmers DO NOT breathe correctly so we will fix this first if this is you!
- Body Position: it's important to get high in the water & this stage includes head position! If you have read the books about head position Spot's views may surprise you so bring an open mind!
- Hand Entry: this phase includes arm recovery as we are now setting up the pull part of the stroke! It's important we get your hands in the correct position before commencing you pull otherwise you are not getting the power you need to swim fast!
- Stroke Pull: this is the "money" part of the stroke & what gets you through the water faster! We have set up your entry & corrected your "catch" & it's time to pull yourself through the water!
- Swim Drills: we have drills for working on any part of the stroke so get ready to practice one or more of these!
Private Swim Lessons Times Available Prince Alfred Park Pool:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 7:30am.
- Monday, Wednesday 5pm.
- Saturday 1:30pm or 3:30pm.