Bondi Fit run 5 weekly Surf Swim Squad Options with regular introductory lessons for new swimmers who want to get involved. We also offer 1 on 1 swims or small group swims if you are not confident in the surf, want to give a friend a great present or have a bunch of people wanting to get some tips from our Master Coach Spot Anderson & his assistant Izzy Dobozy!
Surf Swim Squads meet North Bondi Surf Club (on the promenade) from 15 minutes before session starts! Please note - we do not allow late arrivals to all our surf swims as a safety precaution!
- Saturday 9am: 1 hour+ with Rookie option (usually 2 coaches with 1 on a board for water safety).
- Saturday 9am: 2 hour option for experienced swimmers!
- Sunday 9am: 1 hour+ with Rookie option (usually 2 coaches with 1 on a board for water safety).
- Monday 6am Sand Run/ Surf Swim: 60 - 75 minutes. We run sand for 30 minutes before we do a series of swim/ run combos as the sun rises on Bondi Fit Beach!
- Monday 9am Mid Morning Special: 1 hour+ with Rookie option
* Private Surf Swim Clinics - available Monday 7:30am/ 10am, Saturday 11am, Sunday 10:30am or make contact here for other times outside squad session times
- Click Here for availability/ details with bookings essential.
Guide to our weekly swims
Please note we encourage swimmers to be able to swim 1km before attending.
TIP: do swim squads in the pool to prepare yourself for these sessions!
Surf Skills & Fitness
Days: Saturday and Sunday
Time: Saturday 9am, Sunday 9am & Monday 9am
Duration: 1 hour (+)
Experience: All standards with Rookies advised you NEED to be able to swim 500 metres(+) non-stop freestyle for this session as we will swim 1km - 3km. Visit Pool Squads if you cannot do this & consider a 1 on 1 lesson either in the surf or the pool if you are a weaker swimmer!
We concentrate on surf skills going in/ out through the surf &/ or along the beach when the ocean is flat. Faster swimmers will go further in this session swimming further out each time than the slower swimmers - this keeps the group within sight of each other. Faster swimmers chase the slower swimmers on the way back to the beach so it's a chance for everyone to be a winner!
* Friday 9am squad baby sitting is being organised with our Yummy Mummy group growing each week - fill in contact form & mention baby sitting if this session interests you!
Ocean Endurance & Surf Skills - 2 hours Saturday from 9am
Experience: Experienced ocean swimmers (slow is OK)
We do longer intervals for 1 hour with all swimmers as above then we do a 2nd hour including a longer non-stop swim when the ocean is flat or swim down to South Bondi to chase waves when the surf is pumping! It's a great session & if you are confident going for 1 hour come & have a crack at the 2 hours when you feel ready!
Monday Sunrise Sand Run/ Surf Swim Experienced Swimmers
Time: 6am & we start with 30 minutes sand run then do swim/ run combos as the sun rises!
Duration: 60 - 75 minutes.
Experience: Intermediate to experienced (slow is OK). It's a good idea to be able to swim 1 - 2km(+) non-stop freestyle for this session as we will swim 2 - 4km in this session.
A great way to start the day for anyone confident in the surf - we chase waves on this session so please make sure you are confident! Good idea to do Friday 9:30am, Saturday 9am or Sunday 9am before attending this session.
We have the following squad fees which include any weekly of our swim or squad squads.
Fee must be paid before 1st session commences & pool entry not included.
- $20 casual fee payable at session or online here.
- 11 visit pass $200 which last 3 months payable at session or online here.
- 1 month unlimited swim & surf squads $150 payable at session or online here.
- Direct Debit Discount $140 unlimited swim & surf squads (3 month minimum) online only here.
- Private Surf Swim Clinics $100. Please fill inquiry form in & let me know what you are after! Ideal times - Monday 7:30am/ 10am, Saturday 11am or Sunday 10:30am or make contact here for other times outside squad session times.