Bondi Fit Triathlon offer a weekly triathlon program - besides loads of pool/ open water swim squads we offer 1 specific cycle & run session each week! There is an option for online coaching to fit in around these squads & to train by yourself - click here for details
Coach Spot Anderson participated in the first Level 1 (1989) & Level 2 (1991) Triathlon Coaching Courses. He has coached Thousands (yes 1,000s) of Multi Sport athletes from Rookies to World Champions in triathlon, swimming, running, surfing, kayaking & surf-lifesaving. Spot was a member of the 1989 Gold Medal Winning Australian Team at the World Triathlon Championships in Avignon, France & has a very unique sporting/ coaching resume
What our weekly/ monthly squads offer:
1a Thursday 5:30am Cycle Squad Centennial Park: we do a 2- 3 lap warm-up with your coach Spot staying with new/ slower riders to show how our pack works & al riders re-group inside Paddington Gates. Session Intervals: we break into smaller equal ability groups for endurance, strength, power intervals!
1b. Saturday 6am Cycle/ Run Squad (with cycle only option) North Bondi Surf Club: this is a hilly road ride so make sure you are confident before attending this session (ask Spot if in doubt). We usually head reverse City To Surf Course up Military Road & onto Old Soputh Head Road all the way to Watsons Bay! We then do a series of hill loops from gentle gradient of Hopetoun Ave (3%) to Watsons Bay Hill itself (10%+).
1c. Cycle Rookies & 1 on 1 Cycle: We offer private cycle lessons to get you ready for squad or to improve your fitness. Thursday 6am there is a weekly option to book in for inexperienced riders & Coach Spot will get you ready to integrate into squad! We meet inside Paddington Gates Centennial Park (map below). Click Here for all availability
2. Centennial Park Run Squad: Tuesday 6:30pm meet Fox Studio gates (map at bottom & plenty of parking). We do a 10 minute warm-up & runs include intevals of 200m - 3km if doing track work, 30 secs - 2 min intervals if doing fartlek or 20 - 40 minute tempo or recovery runs!
* 5km Time Trials - we run regular 5kms at North Bondi to measure fitness!
* From April 2 Tuesday 6:30pm run moves to ES Marks Athletic Field!
2b. North Bondi Saturday Bark Run 8am - yep this is a tough run & you may BARK! Rookies we will take it easy on you but be warned when you get fitter you will be keen to chage up the hill & stairs loops that we visit! This session is only 45 minutes - short but sweet!
5. Pool Swim Squads at Prince Alfred Park Pool:
- Monday & Wednesday 6pm (in water by 6:30pm). From April 1 we start at 5:45pm - 7pm (in water by 6pm).
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 6am - 7:30am
- Saturday 2pm 90 minute Enduro Swim.
* Stroke Correction Clinics are offered monthly - triathlon monthly members get a 30% discount! Click here for Stroke Correction Page & contact Spot here if you are interested in combining triathlon membership & stroke correction clinics.
* 1 on 1 Stroke Correction - click here for availability.
6. Surf Swim Squads - Saturday 9am, Sunday 9am & Monday 9:30am.
* Surf Swim Clinics are offered reguarly to get you confident in the ocean! Click here for Surf Swim Clinic Page & contact Spot here if you are interested in combining triathlon membership & surf swim clinics.
Rookie Rider Tips:
1. Get bike serviced & make sure it is in good working order!
2. Cycle Gear - get some comfortable cycle gear including bike pants (with padding) & cycle jersey. You MUST ride with a mobile phone for safety so please have a palce for it (not on handlebars)
3. We emphasise bike skills & basic bike maintenance in the first few weeks! We then add pack riding & introduce intervals to get you bike fit! We expect that you can ride a bike to a basic level or we can offer 1 on cycle training to prepare you!
3. Clip in pedals/ cycle shoes? We strongly advise you to purchase these before day 1 as we can help pratcice in first 1 or 2 lessons - feel free to bring both runners & cycle shoes on week 1 while we practice clipping in/ out!