Bondi Fit Triathlon offer a weekly triathlon program - besides loads of pool/ open water swim squads we offer 1 specific cycle & run session each week! There is an option for online coaching to fit in around these squads & to train by yourself - click here for details
Coach Spot Anderson participated in the first Level 1 (1989) & Level 2 (1991) Triathlon Coaching Courses. He has coached Thousands (yes 1,000s) of Multi Sport athletes from Rookies to World Champions in triathlon, swimming, running, surfing, kayaking & surf-lifesaving. Spot was a member of the 1989 Gold Medal Winning Australian Team at the World Triathlon Championships in Avignon, France & has a very unique sporting/ coaching resume click here
What we offer:
1a Thursday 5:30am Cycle Squad Centennial Park: we do a 2- 3 lap warm-up with your coach Spot staying with new/ slower riders to show how our pack works & al riders re-group inside Paddington Gates.
Session Intervals: we break into smaller equal ability groups for endurance, strength, power intervals!
1b. Saturday 6am Cycle/ Run Squad (with cycle only option): we start with a building pace warm-up of 10 - 20km followed by 3 - 5km run (with longer cycle only option). We re-group & do intervals of 4 - 10km & runs of 1 - 3km with faster athletes doing longer intervals so we always start togeher! Session goes from 6 - 8am so bring nutrition! If doing cycle/ run - bring runners in small back pack & we drop off at cycle/ run changeover spot during warm-up.
1c. Cycle Rookies: Thursday 6am there is an option for inexperienced riders to purchase a separate 1 visit Rookie Pass as below. Coach Spot will get you ready to integrate into squad! We meet inside Paddington Gates Centennial Park (map below).
1d. 1 on 1 Cycle: We offer private cycle lessons to get you ready for squad or to improve your fitness. Click Here for availability
* All Cycle & Run squads - meet Centennial Park Fox Studio gates (map at bottom & plenty of parking).
2. Centennial Park Run Squad: Tuesday 6:30pm meet Fox Studio gates (map at bottom & plenty of parking). We do a 10 minute warm-up & re-group at McKay Oval Toilets for run drills/ stretching before our main run set starts at 6:50pm sharp! Runs include intevals of 200m - 3km if doing track work, 30 secs - 2 min intervals if doing fartlek or 20 - 40 minute tempo or recovery runs!
* 5km Time Trials - we run regular 5kms in Centennial Park & it's FREE! Our next one is Saturday, December 16 7:30am McKay Oval Toilets. Book online so we know you are coming - ALL WELCOME!
3. Cycle & Run Time Trials - we regularly do cycle time trial of 20 - 40km to test your fitness & prepare for the major triathlons! This will be followed by a 5km or 10km time trial - just like a triathlon! Next one is Saturday, December 16.
5. Pool Swim Squads at Prince Alfred Park Pool:
- Monday & Wednesday 6pm - 7:30pm (in water by 6:30pm).
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 6am - 7:30am
- Saturday 2pm 90 minute Enduro Swim.
* Stroke Correction Clinics are offered monthly - triathlon monthly members get a 30% discount! Click here for Stroke Correction Page & contact Spot here if you are interested in combining triathlon membership & stroke correction clinics.
* 1 on 1 Stroke Correction - click here for availability.
6. Surf Swim Squads - Saturday, Monday & Thursday
* Surf Swim Clinics are offered reguarly to get you confident in the ocean! Click here for Surf Swim Clinic Page & contact Spot here if you are interested in combining triathlon membership & surf swim clinics.
7. Sunset Biathlons & Swim Only All Summer: Thursday 6:30pm North Bondi Surf Club.
* Minimum Safety Standard is 1km non-stop freestyle!